20 July 2022

The 1976 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible - A True King Of The Road

 


My 1976 Cadillac Eldorado convertible.   21 feet long, 7 feet wide, 500 cubic inch engine.  So smooth-riding, it was like cruising on your living room couch.  I sold my four-year-old 1994 F-250, and bought this.   The car was 22 years old when I bought it, and had maybe 40,000 miles on it.   Everything worked, even the air conditioning.   The horn was really something.   There were maybe four horns wired together, to give a rich, full, "Move, you peasants" sound.

Old men love it, because they remember when this was a new model.  

Young kids love it, because they have never seen anything like it.

I was driving one day, when a little girl, maybe 10 years old, saw me.   

She stared, and then yelled out "Rock Me Baybee !"   

I almost wrecked, I was laughing so hard.

I loved that car, and the top and windows were always down, except when it was actively raining.

This car is the namesake of the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment